Wednesday 29 June 2011

a botanically themed photo collection

Rain-soaked rose arch walkway 

Last weekend I visited Kew Gardens in London for the first time since I was about two years old. The weather varied from glorious sunshine to thundery downpours so I took photos with plenty of light and contrast but also with the detail of raindrops settled on petals. My mum recently asked if I could make some cards for her so I'm getting these designs printed off for a botanical themed pack of home-made cards. Let me know if you'd like some too!

This is "Mandela's Gold", originally from South Africa- I love it's spiky shape!

Trumpet Vine

I took this photo before I started logging names of plants but it's very pretty!

Jade Vine

Red Lily just after the storm

Allium, also known as 'flowering onion'!

A collection of cactus roses

No comments:

Post a Comment