Tuesday 21 June 2011

officially unofficial...

This is a rather belated post seeing as this wedding took place about a month ago but with video work I hadn't had the time to think about photography blogs! So...

My friends Ed and Jeanna got married last month :-) They got loads of friends involved in doing various different jobs from playing in the band to arranging the flowers which meant the whole day had a really nice feel to it as everyone chipped in to help them celebrate. The job I was asked to do was to be the unofficial photographer which suited me well.

Mr and Mrs Spencer

A simple but very beautiful cake

Flowers by Robyn at Floral Footsteps

As I've said before, I don't enjoy function photography. But this job I loved. I enjoyed the luxury of being able to take lots and lots of photos coupled with the challenge of making sure there were some fairly decent ones in there, but at the same time I didn't have to get the official shots that the bride and groom had specifically requested. So if a shot didn't turn out well, it didn't matter.

I enjoyed getting the 'behind the scenes' photos as I got to the church early so had lots of time to photograph the band, ushers and groom before the service started. Some people seemed to take their roles more seriously than others...




And then there were lots of photos of guests having a good time...

   



I love this photo of my friend Abi, she's definitely a glowing mum-to-be. It's a nice place to finish, with another type of new beginning.

1 comment:

  1. oh,great! These are my very favourite sort of wedding photos, the candid captures. And you have done a great job. I love some of the tones. The framing of the Abi picture is perfect and I love the DOF that captures every bristle of Sammy's beard :-) Nice work.

    ReplyDelete