Sunday 13 February 2011

Vane Tempest Sessions

Back in October a friend asked me if I wanted to think about starting a live music night for students in Durham. After a lot of coffees and planning meetings we began Vane Tempest Sessions (named after the room we use in the Students Union). We promote up and coming indie/ folk artists from around the country and have talented Durham students supporting. My friend tends to oversee the music side of things, booking bands etc, whereas I'm responsible more for the creative side of things such as designing the artwork, but it all overlaps quite a lot.

Some of the objects we've collected
Our venue has a capacity of about 140 people so the gigs are really intimate and we make the most of this atmosphere with lanterns, fairy lights, vintage items and leather sofas.

Our first ever flyer design
When I was designing the logo I went for the hand-drawn look as a contrast to all of the computerised artwork out there at the moment and it's gone down really well.

Christmas Special flyer
It's so much fun being involved in something like this and I get to see so much live music which is fantastic. We've had bands such as Athlete, Emily and the Woods and Dry The River come play for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment