Tuesday 29 March 2011

A Very Special Mix CD

Initial drawing for CD cover


Finished front cover in full colour


Back cover with track listing

My boyfriend moved to London this week for a job and I made him a few things to take with him, one of which was a mix CD. I think I had more fun designing and making the cover than putting together the track listing although the whole project was very fun! 

I've designed a CD cover before for a friend who records his own music and I really enjoyed it so it was good to remind myself of that. The previous one was in a similar style with a fairly intricate pen line drawing painted over with watercolour (but unfortunately I never got the original back so I can't post it here).

I loved the look of this artwork when it was just a matt finish but one spilt cup of tea and it would be ruined so I covered it with sticky-back plastic too.

Hopefully this won't be the last CD design to make it onto this blog. They make very good presents so I may well be tempted to design more...

No comments:

Post a Comment