Saturday 19 May 2012

a beautiful little girl


I've had my 50mm lens for a few weeks now and since getting it I've been doing a little flurry of portrait photography. I think it helps that compared to my other lens (28-135mm) this one is positively dinky and so it's much less awkward pointing it in people's faces! Although I think when you're the age of this little girl then you probably don't mind too much either way.




These photos were taken last weekend when my fiancĂ© and I travelled just outside Durham to visit his sister and family. Last time we got to see them his niece was just a week old so it's been great getting to know her a bit more now she's smiling and interacting with people more.





 Baby photography is a completely new thing for me but it is a real privilege to be able to capture some special family moments and I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to seeing our little niece grow up and I can promise to do my duty as a doting aunty and take many more photos to come as she gets older...


No comments:

Post a Comment